Sunday, March 19, 2023

What the world needs now is another blog



(Admiral James Stockdale, Ross Perot's Vice Presidential candidate at the 1992 debate, asking the universal question.)

Welcome to The Ego Has Landed, my hopefully-but-probably-not-always ironically titled blog.

Sometimes I will wax philosophical, sometimes I will (rhetorically) yell at those kids to get off my lawn, but mostly I'll try to be a source of positivity in these dark times.

Soon, I'll begin serializing my forthcoming novel, Tougher Than the Rest, a story loosely based on my life, about a middle-aged man with end-stage cystic fibrosis who is trying to hold on until a life-saving lung transplant becomes available. Hope you will read it and pass it on to others if you like it. 

That's it for now--I'm gonna try to keep these short (except for the book excerpts).


Thanks for reading,
Dave Murray

PS: Email me at murr2825@gmail.com if you want to be put on my mailing list.

PPS: Song of the Day: John Paul Keith, an artist I just discovered. I considered nine or ten songs to consider here. He's pretty great.





2 comments:

  1. I'm the first followerer! It's like getting front row center seats to a concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Dave...although I have been forced into semi-retirement I am still a busy guy so this blog better be good! But even if its not I'll still probably read it.

    ReplyDelete

Nineteen

  …Nineteen years, that is, since my double-lung transplant at the wondrous Cleveland Clinic (technically, I won’t hit nineteen years until ...